Texas Cosmetologist continuing education classes online FAQs - Cosmetologists to complete 4 hours and Nail Technicians and Facialists 4 hours Tx Cosmetology licence renewal online
Cosmetologist Continuing Education Classes Online FAQs
Why do I have to complete continuing education (CE)?
- TDLR rules require all Cosmetologists to complete 4 hours, Nail Techs and Facialists 4 hours each. You Must complete these hours to renew your license!
How can I complete my hours?
- You can complete your hours Online, through a classroom setting, video or dvd.
Do I have to complete all my hours at once?
- No. You can log on and log off at your discretion from any computer with internet access.
Can I print my certificate after completion?
- Yes. You may print your certificate upon completion of the course, or if you don't have a printer we will mail it to you.
Does completing my continuing education renew my license?
- No. You will still have to renew your license with TDLR. You will receive a notice from the State approximately 60 days before your license expires.
How do I view the State education requirements?
Is Texas Sanitation available in Spanish & Vietnamese?
Name: Condiciones de higiene para cosmetología
(Sanitation for Cosmetology) Course Hour: 1
Name: Vệ sinh trong Chăm sóc sắc đẹp (Sanitation for Cosmetology)
BACK TO TOP
How many hours are required for continuing education?
- After September 1, 2012, Licensees must complete a total of 4 hours of department-approved continuing education. Continuing education courses taken must be dedicated in one or more of the following subjects:
- Texas Occupations Code, Chapters 1602 and 1603
- 16 Texas Administrative Code, Chapter 83
- Health and Sanitation Standards in Chapter 83; and/or
- Curriculum subjects listed in 16 Texas Administrative Code, §83.120
Take your entire continuing education hours all in one day!
All courses approved by the TDLR
TDLR Provider Approval #1144
Approved Course Number(s): 4121
BACK TO TOP
Questions About licensing